White Chocolate Mousse With Macerated Strawberries
January 1, 2014 § 5 Comments
What else could be a better way to welcome the new year 2014, other than making something out of luscious and beautiful strawberries. I had already thought about how I am going to start my new year this time, when I saw this wonderful white chocolate mousse with strawberries recipe in Nigella Lawson’s show on TV sometime back.
Chocolate pairs so well with strawberries and we all know that. And it just takes me back to the memory lanes of my childhood, whenever there is a mention of white chocolate. I suppose every kid has a huge crush on that big bar of Nestle’s Miklybar white chocolate, and I was no different.
White chocolate isn’t any chocolate, but does that bother a kid? Nah, it still remains my most loved chocolate from childhood. Kids are like that, carefree with an honest living of life to the fullest.
And that is the spirit, I want to embark this year with. Completely invigorated, living life to the fullest, as the new year brings hope and a meaning to life! A very happy and prosperous new year 2014 to all you wonderful people!
300 gm white chocolate
100 ml milk
2 egg whites
3 tbsp sugar
200 ml cream
1 vanilla bean, slit
400 gm strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
few mint leaves for garnish
- To make, macerated strawberries, toss strawberries, icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and keep aside for an hour. Adjust sugar depending upon the tartness of berries.
- To make mousse, melt the chocolate with milk and scraped vanilla bean caviar on a double boiler and keep aside to let cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Add 3 tbsp sugar and continue to beat egg whites to form hard peaks, until glossy and smooth.
- Beat cream a to make soft peaks.
- Gently fold in the egg white mixture followed by cream in melted chocolate.
- Divide the mousse into serving glasses and let chill in fridge for an hour.
- Top the mousse with macerated strawberries and garnish with mint leaves, when about to serve.