It’s true that nature maintains its balance, even if it is food. If it gives you the harsh beatings of scorching sun, it then rewards you with the coolness of fruits and vegetables. Watermelon and mint are two such examples, which we get in abundance in summer.
I remember my childhood days, when my sister and me used to race around for having this gorgeous fruit more and more. Even today, it gets added to my daily diet, as an evening snack. Though such kind of silly competitions are there only to remember and laugh about.
There has been a recent addition to the family of plants of my kitchen garden. And that bush of Mint has sprung up huge, that I could not resist myself of doing something with it. Fresh mint leaves straight from that bush and the watermelon concocted together to make this refreshing and hydrating drink. A perfect drink to refresh you from the inside out, without any extra calories.
1 kg watermelon (rind removed and flesh cut into chunks)
3 lemons sliced
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
1/2 cup mint leaves (washed)
- In a large pitcher, squeeze lemons and add sugar and mint leaves.
- With the help of a wooden spoon, crush the mint leaves so that they are bruised and the sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth.
- Using a fine mesh sieve or a cheesecloth, strain pour through the puree into the pitcher.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate.
- While serving, fill the long glasses with ice cubes and pour over the chilled lemonade.
[…] Find the recipe. […]