They say that when life gives you lemons, make a lemonade out of them. It’s true sometimes that we get into a certain situation which apparently looks troublesome at the beginning. But as the time passes and we learn to endure those troubles, we figure out that it wasn’t the situation which was actually troubling, but rather our thoughts which made them look so gigantic. And those drowning thoughts cloud our rationality and we start to worry even further. Whereas, if we had questioned those thoughts in the first place and made them dismissed as soon as they appeared on our mind, we would have won the battle. I sometimes get bogged down by such thoughts and tend to lose my reasoning. But gradually, I am learning to challenge those thoughts and analyze the situation more closely and see what would I be without those negative thoughts. I see that I am better off without those thoughts and can handle the situation more deftly. It doesn’t come quickly though, but I am learning. Such is life. You learn every single day, from your failures and from your successes both. I don’t want to drag it too far, but I hope that you’ve got what I am trying to say here. On a lighter note, for a baker boy, when life gives him lemons, he makes a fruity fragrant lemon and rosemary bundt cake out of that. Haha! Towards the end of January, I happened to visit this peaceful and serene farm stay in Punjab called Hansali Organic Farm & Farmstay. That place has such a homely feeling and so much of positivity around that I came back refreshed and well fed with all organic food, that I felt really lighter and rejuvenated. And also, I came back home with loads of fresh organic produce. You would have probably seen my Instagram posts and stories if you are following me there. And then came along so many good recipes also, of which this Lemon & Rosemary Bundt Cake is one. The cake has got a very tender crumb and has nice citrusy notes along with the rosemary. It’s a must try the recipe, if you are a citrus cake lover just like me.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- rosemary sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan and keep aside.
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients (yogurt, oil, eggs, juice, zest and rosemary) for cake in a large bowl. Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl and fold into the wet ingredients, until just combined. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, mix icing sugar with lemon juice and drizzle over cake. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Debbie Spivey says
What a gorgeous cake!