Simple and easy to follow recipes requiring minimum labour in the kitchen have always been my favourite. I believe it gets even more important when you have a tiring day at office. You wouldn’t want to toil hard in the kitchen as well at the same time. And if you have been coming to this place quite often, you’d see even my baking recipes reflect that too. But that doesn’t mean I would ever compromise on the taste quotient. And for that matter I have seen through my experience that simple recipes with great flavours always remain your best friends. This is an easy no churn strawberry frozen yogurt recipe which is exactly what it’s name suggests. It’s as easy as boiling water, duh! And it doesn’t require churning like other ice creams would. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, it is completely fine. So that means it is fuss free too. And like I said, it is simple yet really high on flavours and texture too. Because this has got fresh frozen strawberries and thick luscious yogurt. The sweet and sour berries go so well with the thick yogurt. And it is entirely up to you if you want to make it little guilt free too by using a healthier sweetener instead of using sugar. It’s a perfect treat for both your eyes and palate. And you can top it with whatever topping you like, nuts, granola or even crushed biscuits. And if you are adding a healthier sweetener you can enjoy it in breakfast too. You can also go experimental and add some fresh basil or mint leaves too. Both these herbs go pretty well with strawberries and yogurt. You see how easy it is make your own frozen yogurt and how creative you can go with this. I so love it!
- 750 gm strawberries, washed and hulled
- 500 gm hung curd / Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup caster sugar / honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Place the strawberries on a wide baking sheet in single layer and place in freezer for 5-6 hours or overnight or until strawberries are completely frozen.
- Blitz the strawberries in a food processor 3 - 4 times. Add remaining ingredients and run the food processor on high speed until it forms into a smooth texture.
- Transfer the yogurt into an aluminium container quickly. Cover with cling film loosely. Place in freezer for 3 - 4 hours to set.
- Serve the scoops of frozen yogurt with mint leaves and chopped nuts.