I believe, chocolate is the most sensuous of all foods which has power to evoke emotions, desires and fascinations. A soft voluptuous melting bar of dark chocolate on the palate gives the kind of pleasure which is hedonistic in nature. A drizzle of chocolate on your ice cream or a slice of good old chocolate fudge cake or for that matter an amazingly dark chocolate bar is all you need for your pursuit of happiness. I have rarely met people in my life who would refuse to such temptations. You need your share of chocolate at some point of time in your life. That necessarily may not be a low point in your life, but believe me you need that and all you can feel after eating chocolate is just happy. There may or may not be scientific reasons behind this kind of connect between our emotions and chocolate. That really doesn’t matter! I haven’t had something seriously chocolate in past couple of weeks. The last thing which I had was this decadent yet slightly healthy amaranth and beetroot dark chocolate cake. But that was like ages ago. So, I had to bake these decadent whole wheat brownies. These are gooey, moist, dark chocolate brownies which have got high fiber whole wheat flour too. And they are pretty easy and fast to make. A little slice of these brownies goes a long way on the happiness quotient. An amazing treat for your senses!
- 330 gm dark chocolate, chopped (70% cocoa)
- 200 gm butter
- 280 gm light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 125 gm whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place half of the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl/saucepan and melt the chocolate and butter in either microwave or on low flame.
- Let the mixture cool for a while. Add all the remaining ingredients into the chocolate mixture and mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the brownies are just cooked.
- Let cool in pan. Slice into 16 or 20 squares. Dust with cocoa powder for more chocolate goodness, if desired.
The above pictures are so beautiful specially the first one
Lynz Real Cooking says