A quick and super simple Chocolate Coffee Mousse recipe which I am going to share today because Easter is just around the corner and it’s an excuse to eat some more chocolate, to get indulged some more. But what if you don’t want to work your time hard in the kitchen. And what if you have guests showing up unplanned. It’s one dessert which you can whip up in no time. Also a great one for make ahead, these can be prepared in advance for a crowd if you are planning to do an elaborate menu for your guests. A generous dusting of cocoa powder and some seasonal berries make them so moreish. Serve them in stem glasses and make them look even prettier. Aren’t all these reasons good enough to make them now? You bet! So make these immediately and thank me later.
- 400 gm shop-bought low-fat custard
- 60 gm dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids or more, chopped roughly
- 50 ml strong espresso coffee
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- mixed berries and cocoa powder, to serve
- Heat the custard in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chocolate, espresso, orange zest, stirring continuously until the chocolate has melted. Sieve into a bowl.
- Divide equally between six serving bowls/glasses and refrigerate to firm up for 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with a dusting of cocoa powder and berries.